CBD stands for cannabidiol, which is a compound found mainly in the flowers of hemp plant. The use of CBD bud smell is widespread all over the world, and its importance is increasing rapidly. Cannabidiol Flower is used by the same people to get the full health benefits of CBD without the drug effect associated with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is a medical compound. People use CBD flowers as an intoxicant.
If you have never consumed hemp, you may be slightly confused by the multitude of products available to you. But don’t worry, there is always a method adapted to your personal needs. Before buying, it is essential to know the different absorption methods with their advantages and disadvantages. In this article, you will find all the information related to CBD absorption, as well as some practical tips to make your choice.
What are the different ways to absorb CBD?
CBD absorption by inhalation
Inhalation is the absorption of CBD through the airways. By choosing this method, the absorption will be fast and the relaxing effects will be almost instantaneous. But be careful, because inhaling CBD does not mean smoking a cannabis joint. To inhale CBD, you can use a vaporizer, an electronic cigarette, a dab bong, or an ultrasonic nebulizer.
- Vaporizer: Increasingly popular, the vaporizer is an easy-to-use accessory that allows you to inhale a totally safe and controlled CBD smoke. Most classic vaporizers are compatible with CBD flowers and resins. For the more sophisticated models, you can mix in wax or CBD crystals.
- Electronic Cigarette: For many years, the electronic cigarette is already very popular with former smokers who seek to deliver themselves from their addiction to tobacco and nicotine. With the appearance of e-liquids based on CBD, it is an alternative even more attractive to former smokers of joints who are looking for a product very easy to use to relax. The biggest advantage of this e-liquid is that it is a ready-to-use product that saves consumers a lot of time
- Bang to dab: The bang is an accessory that allows you to inhale CBD bud smell and resins without tobacco. This method is much milder than the traditional option of smoking a joint, but it is not as healthy as a vaporizer, as there is no way to control the temperature. The sleeve that goes through the bong is immersed in a small amount of water, so the smoke is thick but smooth. We can say that the dab bong is a good compromise between a healthy and old school way of consumption.
- Nebulizer: The ultrasound nebulizer is an accessory particularly recommended in the medical world. It allows you to benefit from a fast effect, without combustion and therefore without any risk for your health. Its mode of operation is based on ultrasound that transforms CBD into ultra fine particles. Thanks to this method, the benefits of CBD are at their maximum potential. Moreover, it is estimated that the therapeutic virtues can be up to 5 times more powerful with a nebulizer than with other accessories.
Absorption of CBD by mouth
The absorption of CBD by mouth is much longer than with the inhalation method, since the cannabinoids must reach the digestive system to be assimilated. The liver will metabolize the CBD and pass the cannabinoids into the bloodstream. The disadvantage of this method is that the digestive system will filter the CBD and only deliver 20% of it into the body.
Simply put, it takes your body longer to absorb the CBD orally, so the effects take longer to show up and are not as powerful as with inhalation. That said, what is a disadvantage for some may be an advantage for others. Indeed, taking CBD orally allows you to obtain relaxing effects within 30 to 60 minutes after ingestion, which can last up to 6 hours.
This gentle, light intake is often appreciated by users who suffer from chronic pain throughout the day. This allows the benefits of therapeutic cannabis to be spread over time. It is also an easy method that appeals to beginners. To enjoy the benefits of this method, you can:
- pour a few drops of CBD oil into your drinks or onto your food;
- consume CBD capsules or capsules on a daily basis;
- or eat CBD-based food products.
For the record, a recent study from the University of Minnesota found that the absorption of CBD orally is particularly increased when ingested with a high-fat meal.